Skip breakfast, lose weight? Not so fast!
Raise your hand if you’ve ever been told that “breakfast is the most important meal of the day.” While it is incredibly irritating to be reminded of such a basic principle, it is the truth.
When you skip breakfast, your blood sugar drops below the normal level, you experience cravings and a drop of energy. You again revert to snacking on simple carbohydrates foods to achieve a quick surge of blood sugar and to overcome hunger and a drop of energy. The insulin removes sugar from blood turning its excess into fat.
Try these quick and healthy breakfast options:
- Raspberry orange pomegranate smoothie
- Poppy seed bagel with lox and low-fat cream cheese, red onion, capers and fresh dill
- Kashi Heart to Heart cereal with fresh raspberries and 1% milk or almond milk
- Whole wheat banana chocolate chip muffin
- Peanut butter yogurt dip – Mix Greek yogurt, peanut butter and honey. Serve with fruit.
- Quinoa porridge
- The Green Monsta – spinach, apple, silken tofu and avocado smoothie
- Egg sandwich with baby spinach on whole wheat bread
- Whole wheat waffles with peanut butter and sliced bananas
- Whole wheat French toast kabobs with fresh fruit
- Peanut butter and low-sugar jam on an English muffin
- Old fashioned oats with kiwi, banana, mango, and grapes
- Multigrain Cheerios with low-fat milk and a banana
- Greek yogurt with fresh berries and a sprinkle of Grape Nuts
- 1/2 bagel with reduced fat cream cheese, 1 fried egg, sauteed red and green peppers
- Breakfast Bruschetta – French baguette topped with scrambled eggs, sliced tomatoes and fresh parsley
- Pomegranate Parfait with Greek yogurt, Kashi Go Lean, pomegranate seeds
- Trail mix with pecans, dried cherries, dried golden raisins, almonds, cashews, dark chocolate chips, Puffins cereal
- Ezekiel bread toasted with cashew nut butter and sliced persimmon
- 1/2 red grapefruit, 1 slice of Ezekiel bread toasted and 2 hard boiled eggs
What do you eat for breakfast?